So why #mags
Well, I have now found myself in my late 40’s…my body isn’t what it used to be, menopause is not far away, my son has grown and moved out…and yet in my head I am still only in my 20’s.
I have lived a fairly full life, have one son, been married, divorced, married again (second time around is the BEST!), worked hard, run businesses, travelled and of course, had a good glass of wine or two!
I am a Huffington Post blogger, with many blogs published. Not too shabby for an old girl!
How to tell if you are also a #mags ?
- You look at the new young male celebrities and think ‘oh, what a lovely child’ instead of ‘he is hot’!
- You used to be able to party all night, now, you have a few drinks and you want to go to bed at a reasonable time, and you also find hangovers last for DAYS!
- You get annoyed with 20 somethings talking incessantly about babies, weddings and how they will juggle their careers whilst having children. Get on with it girls – we did it and find our children turned out ok!
- You are now ‘too experienced’ when applying for new jobs…you know they actually mean you are getting too old.
- You know that selfies are ridiculous! What happened to being someone who avoided the camera!
- You do not want to shop with the ‘girls’ anymore. You have to sneak into shops on your own…after all, no-one wants to share their dress size.
- Whilst in clothes shops, you DO NOT want the pretty young thing to help you try on clothes. They obviously haven’t eaten for days (maybe months).
- You look at celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, and just do not believe she is the same age as yourself. Either that, or every picture you see of her is air brushed.
- You are starting to understand everything your mother ever nagged you about…you feel you might have become her!
- Finally, when things such as Pokemon go come out, you wonder if the world is slowly going mad!
This list, I am sure will be added to as time goes on! What makes you a #mags ?
Want your own piece of Mags? The Little Booklet of the Musings of Mags